Thursday, September 22, 2011

Superhero



So, I believe that since I can actually complete a Triathlon that I am a Superhero! Well, apparently I am only a legend in my own mind, because I have been reminded that, it is NOT reality. I took a 10 day hiatus from all things Triathlons... and to be honest, from all things exercise related until today. I have the Navy 5 miler  race in less than a week and needed/wanted to get out for a run. I decided to run to the National Mall and back and very slllooowwwlllly banged out a little more than 5 miles today. Man, my hip started to hurt, I felt a blister forming, my shins hurt in the first mile or 2 and my right Achilles even started to tighten up. What the heck?

So, I decided to go to a Power Yoga class (I should have been warned by the name). Man, this class kicked  my BUTT! I can't for the life of me figure out how I can complete 5 Triathlons in a season and wind up sitting on the floor looking at all of the Yogi's and wondering why I can't do that!


What challenges me only makes me want to get stronger, so I will be a yoga/pilates/kickboxing/etc. fool during this offseason! I want to exercise and not train for a while. There is a distinct difference. I don't want to lose my Triathlon base of fitness, so I will continue to run/bike/swim too. But, Diet/Cardio/weights are going to be my main focus, because I want to actually LOOK like I am doing all of this stuff.

Next up: Ironman 70.3 on June 10, 2012

I will continue the journey and blog my way to my Half Ironman race. Please stand by... off to do the Down Dog!


Tri Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment