Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A good day, a challenging day and a flat out PIPE DREAM


The day of a traveling salesperson makes it hard on a triathlon and marathon training schedule! I had to admit to a friend today that my Superwoman cape doesn't always fit. I had good training intentions today, but life happens. I pray that I get a chance to wake up tomorrow and make it a more productive training day than today.

I had a lot of time to think while driving for SEVEN hours today. I came up with what a good day, a bad day and a flat out pipe dream would be for my upcoming Augusta Ironman 70.3 triathlon on September 29th.

A good day would be if there is a really strong current, all of my hilly bike rides pay off and my marathon training has made me a stronger runner. It would look something like this:

Swim 1.2 miles: 30  minutes
Bike 56 miles: 3 hours
Run 13.1 miles: 2:30
T1/T2 (transitions): less than 10 minutes total
Total time: 6 hours 10 minutes

A challenging day would be if there is no current, the course is more hilly than expected and I am just hot and exhausted on the run. It would look something like this:


Swim 1.2 miles: 45 minutes +
Bike 56 miles: 3:30 +
Run 13.1 miles: 2:45 +
T1/T2 (transitions): 12 minutes +
Total time: 7+ hours (the cut off is 8 hours)

A flat out PIPE DREAM would be if I had followed my training plan with the consistency and intensity that it takes to be where I want to be as a triathlete (it's time to get a coach!). It would look something like this:

Swim 1.2 miles: less than 30 minutes
Bike 56 miles: 2 hours 45 minutes
Run 13.1 miles: 2:15
T1/T2 (transitions): less than 8 minutes total
Total time: 5:38


No matter what happens out there, I will remember that I am blessed just to be able to compete. I recall not being able to climb a flight of stairs without being short of breath and not being able to make it across the pool without stopping. That was just a few short years ago. This race was my birthday present to myself, so I will enjoy it! I hope to have a good day. Prayers, thoughts and virtual cheers are welcomed. However, there is no need for anybody to be out there to be twerking in my honor! LOL



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Becca!!
    You got this!
    CARB-ON :)
    Your fan in fitness,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete