Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Race Report: SheROX Bermuda

The SheROX Bermuda Triathlon went better than expected, in most ways. I had an overwhelming feeling of joy after completing my very first Ocean swim. It was absolutely beautiful! My only negative feeling while in the water was that I was enjoying it too much and I was probably the only one left out there. There was a pretty awesome picture that was taken of me exiting the water and whipping off my wetsuit that made the newspaper in Bermuda!


The bike was challenging but I thoroughly enjoyed all of the spectators. The was 2 challenging hills. The first one coming out of transition that I planned to walk up. I just didn't plan to walk up it pushing my bike WITH MY WETSUIT STILL ON!! There was a nice guy named Spencer who helped me get out of it once I reached the top of the hill, and brought it back to the transition area for me. The other challenging hill caused me to get off my bike and walk the very last part. I did not want to re-injure my ankle on the bike.


The run was extremely challenging. My ankle just could not take it! I turned around and brought it home to the finish line in extreme pain. The ground immediately comforted me as I took off my shoe and athletic tape to find a rapidly swelling ankle. I had some help with ice and stuff and before long, I was walking again.

Dawn and I didn't know that others from the DC Area would be there with OnPoint Fitness. It was a welcomed surprise to have a team to race with and support. It was an overall fun weekend with some time in the sun to nap and make new friends.

The SheROX Bermuda Tri is definitely one that I would recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment