Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One year later...

It was this time last year that I was like:


Boy, have I come a long way! I still can't get in the medium speed lane at the pool and wish that I could go as fast as those chicks over there, but at least I can swim now. I want to go faster, but I have to remember that I am still "young" at this. Distance is no problem, but speed is a whole different thing! I think that I will start some speed drills tomorrow.

This Triathlon season, I am signed up for 3 races. I am open to doing a late season destination race if my buddy Dawn is down for going to Jamaica or some place cool with me and if I can afford it.

The schedule is:
  • June 19th DC Triathlon (Olympic distance)
  • August 7th New York City Triathlon (Olympic Distance) 
  • August 21st Iron Girl Columbia(Sprint distance)
I plan to train for a 1/2 marathon this year too. I am thinking I will do one in New Orleans in October. We'll see.

I have not been running. I can only run short distances right now due to an ankle injury. Truth be told, I am scared of re-injuring it and that's why I don't go out to run. Everyday  I say that I will go out to run a mile and each day I come up with an excuse to not do it. I will try again tomorrow. I probably should just suck it up and ask one of my friends to join me to help me out. I have not been on my bike since November, so I am sure my legs will curse me when I do get back on it. I think that I will try to go out for a ride on Thursday.


Wish me luck in this 2nd Triathlon season....



Love,
Tri Becca

2 comments:

  1. Bwaaahaahaa!! Love that picture.There are times I still feel like that. You don't need luck...you got this! I'm eyeing SheRoc in Bermuda this year, but am willing to go to Jamaica. What a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gurl what an inspiration! Big steps ahead I can see. If you ever need a swimming partner hit me up maybe we can get fast together.

    ReplyDelete