Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tri Unify Member of the Month

Me? What an honor!


Featured Member Featured Member: Rebecca Williams

NameRebecca Williams
Profile Name: TriBecca
Current Location: Washington,DC
Triathlete? Duathlete? Other?: Triathlete

What brought you to triathlon?

I had the desire to do something extraordinary. I had almost every odd against me: I could not swim, I didn't own a bike (I had not been on a bike in over 20 years) and was recovering from double pneumonia, so I couldn't run. The desire to overcome all of those odds superseded my fears and on June 20, 2010, I became a Triathlete. 


What athletic achievement are you most proud of?

Learning how to swim and going on to complete 3 Triathlons that same year (2 Sprints and 1 Olympic distance race).


Best Advice for someone thinking of doing their first triathlon: 

If you believe you can, and are committed, then you can complete a Triathlon and anything else that you want in life! 


Goals for 2011?

Become a faster Triathlete and complete a half Marathon



Contact: rwilliams25@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment