Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Un-motivating Jerk

I went in today for a free assessment with a personal trainer who came highly recommended. I had a copy of my Body Analysis that was done at the Multi Sport expo in hand. Now, I know that I had somethings to work on, by way of decreasing body fat and building muscles and thought that he was just the guy to give me a plan to get "right". Well, wasn't I wrong! He won the Douche Bag of the day award from me! Not only did he tell me that my body fat% means that I am obese, but he told me that I should not be concerned with doing any Triathlons, I should focus on eating a raw vegetable diet, that I should focus on decreasing my body fat by lifting weights 3 days a week, that swimming won't help to decrease my body fat, that a bicycle ride once a week will be great for some extra cardio and  that I should not run until I make my ankle stronger. Wow! How about that for some motivation?

I guess I was totally wrong about him being the guy to help me to figure out how to get weight lifting into my training schedule and what I need to do to make me leaner. He basically told me to not be concerned with doing the one thing that I am most proud of. I will take some of what he said and trash the rest. Weight lifting and strengthening my ankle, I will do, but not being concerned with doing Triathlons is unimaginable. It's a part of who I am now. His ass probably couldn't do a Triathlon if he wanted to. I am not sure if un-motivating jerk or douche bag is a more appropriate description of him!


6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't say he's a douche bag, per se. However, he should have been more accommodating than just telling you what you should and should not do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, maybe not a douche bag but certainly one of those "Elite Athlete Assholes" I wrote about on my blog. What an ass and the fact that he tried to sell you some "packages" a the end...yeah, BOY BYE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuck him.

    Seriously. Fuck him.

    The thing about your ankle I agree with and that's all. The other stuff? Fuck him. If doing triathlons make you happy...do 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I think thats weird that as a trainer, he didnt seem to be concerned with YOUR goals for YOUR body and felt compelled to insert what HIS goals would be for your body. I think he's undercover...and working on some VERY DEEP issues! He wishes he had your body! I really believe this!

    And yeah, Fuck him!

    Keelah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of that stuff was plain wrong. As far as your ankle, he probably shouldn't be diagnosing anything (including the strength or flexibility of it) as a personal trainer since that's outside of the scope of his training...
    Have a doc check that one out and give you direction of that. Otherwise, eh, there are many trainers out there. You can find another one.

    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  6. was he Black? Is he not aware of how our bodies are built? I stay surprising folks on the track who don't expect somebody so solidly built to be able to run, and even more keep running way way way after they've tired. LOL he was probably just trying to get his hustle on. Trainers prey on clients' insecurities to get their continued business. Kind of a tear you down and build you back up. My father was one, please trust me on this.

    ReplyDelete