Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Today's ride with Tri Unify


I started to question my decision to schedule a bike ride today when I saw that we were under a heat advisory. It felt like 100 to 105 degrees with the heat index. I asked fellow Tri Unify members to join me and I was a little nervous that I would go through all of the preparations to get there and everyone would punk out on me due to the heat. I sent out a few texts and 2 people told me that the heat wasn't stopping them from training. I had been hydrating all day and got ready for what was going to be a hot one.

I decided to drive instead of ride, as I didn't know what to expect once Tarus said that he would put together the workout. After I somehow crossed the Potomac on my way to Hains Point, I ended up being late, but was happy to see 3 others waiting for me when I arrived. Before long, I looked up and we were a group of TWELVE riding! I was quite impressed with myself for initiating a ride and getting that type of response. Tarus asked if I will do this weekly, and I think that I will. Last week 2 others rode with me in the rain and this week twelve of us rode in the heat. I think that we have a pretty dedicated group. 




1 comment:

  1. Good for you. It's always a challenge to find your motivation in this heat.

    ReplyDelete