Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My first 1/2 Marathon!

It just dawned on me today that I have less than 6 weeks until my first 1/2 Marathon. I will be running 13.1 miles around Washington, DC in the Rock and Roll Half Marathon on Saturday, March 17th and I am nervous!! I feel like I am behind in my training due to another ankle injury. Most people that are running this race ran 8 to 10 miles this past weekend and I am only up to running 5 miles. I plan to increase my mileage this coming weekend, but I am still a little nervous about it all. After my 5 mile run today, my legs were tired. I can't imagine how they will feel after running 7-8 miles this weekend, but I guess I will find out.

Wish me luck, say some prayers and as always, I hope to have some folks out there to cheer me on! Having friends on the course always gives me a reason to keep moving and smiling.


Tri Becca




2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your run. I am sure that you will do well. I am running a marathon on the next day here in Raleigh, so I understand your fears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck (but I know you won't need it!)! I have every confidence that you will be awesome! Remember, HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete