Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The scale

I took the last two weeks off from work in December and decided to have a stay-cation. Well, that turned into me sitting on my couch buying myself way too many Christmas presents. The one that I am most excited about is my new Ironman Tanita scale! This thing is awesome. It measures not only weight, but body fat %, body water %, muscle mass, and about 10 other things. I have committed to weighing myself and recording all of the data on the 1st of each month and just weighing myself daily. I have read and overheard friends say that weighing yourself daily helps to shape the way you eat and your physical activities for the day. Yeah right. This can be mind torturing!

I was all excited when I noticed that the scale crept down to 5 pounds lighter, but twice in the month of January, it changed it's mind and decided to tell me that it was just kidding. Since I didn't check for body water % daily, I just chalked it up as having something to do with my hydration levels. Well, today I hopped on and recorded all of the data and while I was sad that I am only down 1 pound (which could have something to do with having the need to take Midol today), I have lost 2% of body fat! ....2%! I was so freaking exited that I wanted to kiss the scale. You know, there may be some truth to the saying "You are what you eat"! I have been watching my diet and lifting weights ( along with swimming, biking and running) and I think that it is working!

While I do have a long way to go to in my plan to decrease my body fat% and my weight, I will take my measurements today as WINNING! 



Tri Becca



1 comment:

  1. Great job. Just continue what you are doing. You will continue to see progress.

    ReplyDelete