Monday, January 30, 2012

Randoms of a soon to be Ironman 70.3 FINISHER


  •  My first outdoor bike ride this season was a challenge! Lisa and I were tired at the first rest stop. It felt like  we had already gone like 15 miles. Uhm, yeah, it was only EIGHT MILES. My resolution to clean up my potty mouth while training went out the window. I cussed so much on those little hills.
  • The scale is playing tricks on my mind. I thought I was doing really well when it slowly crept up to 5 pounds lighter... and then it just ego slammed me days later, with a big ol' "SIKE!!!". I will have to try something different starting February 1st.
  • I have been running consistently, but it is not easily coming back to me. The thought of going to a music festival in Miami on March 17th is starting to look more appealing to me than this 1/2 Marathon that day.
  • Weight training twice a week is not my favorite thing to do, but I know that it is key to helping to burn fat and to help me to get stronger for the bike. Actually, 3 days of lifting may be even better for me, if only I could fit it into my schedule.
  • The bike trainer is soooo boring! I have to figure out something different this week to make it more enjoyable. Last week, I discovered OnDemand music videos and tried to go hard for a whole video and then recovered while I searched for another one to watch. Whatever happened to MTV videos that used to play all day???
  • My diet is good, but I need to change it up a bit to get different results. I am reading a few books and will try something different soon. I need help!
  • I am taking a Total Immersion class and I can tell a difference in my swimming already!
  • I need to go ahead and sign up for Ironman 70.3 National Harbor. I know that I can do it. I just need to sign up.... maybe tomorrow. We'll see.
  • I have somehow gotten infatuated with the thought of getting an Ironman tattoo after I finish my first full Ironman race. The infatuation is weird, as I will not be completing a full Ironman until 2013 at the earliest.
  • I am hoping to get an outdoor bike ride in again this week. I miss riding outdoors!
  • I have no ankle pain when I run as long as I wear a stiff brace. I have learned that I should wear compression socks if running 5 miles or more to help ward off shin pain. It works for me.
  • I am going to read up on those Newtons running shoes and may go try try some out soon. I am thinking that they can help me to stop heel striking when I run and maybe I will have fewer ankle issues.
  • I want to run faster than my "slow as molasses" 12 and a half minute mile. I have started to incorporate some interval running and will get some hill runs in soon to help with me speed. It's so funny that people think that you are super fast just because you go out to run 5 miles. They just don't know that they could probably keep up with me by walking. Ha!

Tri Becca

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of getting a tattoo after you finish your first Ironman. Any idea what the exact design would be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fast" is subjective... Your "slow as molasses" pace is my speed racer pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think I am going to get an M-Dot tat after I complete a full. But like you its more than a year off.

    I totally agree with Anonymous's post that fast is subjective. It is totally faster than sitting on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete