Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mind over Matter: Preparing for my first 1/2 Marathon

I have put in the miles in preparation for my very first 1/2 Marathon on Saturday, March 17th. I got a late/slow start on training after having to recover from yet another ankle injury, but the miles are in the bank. It has been quite a journey with an eventful 8 mile run, a beautiful 10 mile run in Chicago and a 12 mile run that was a true measure of fortitude. Now it is time to start mentally preparing myself for race day on Saturday.

I think that the keys are to remind myself that I have done this before (in training), that it is supposed to be fun and that I am blessed to have the physically ability to run 13.1 miles. I know that I can do this, I will do this and I hope to have many pictures to share after I have done this!

Please keep me in thought and prayer on St. Patty's day, as I conquer yet another fitness goal.

Tri Becca

2 comments:

  1. Let me know...why haven't we scheduled run's together. Let's put that calendar together. I KNOW you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this Becca!!!! good luck and I'll be there for you in spirit!!

    ReplyDelete