Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Motivation!


 Adonis, in Greek mythology, is the god of beauty and desire

I will take swim motivation any way that I can get it these days. Yesterday I was motivated to get to the pool, but only because I really don't want to get kicked off the team for not attending at least 2 swim practices per month. I have learned that I prefer to swim when and where I want to swim and not at a specific location on a specific day at a specific time. That drives me nuts and makes me want to rebel. I don't know if I will renew my membership after this quarter because of this. But, who knows, I may change my mind once the weather gets warmer and I start to dream of swimming outdoors at Hains Point with a lane all to myself (a benefit of being on this swim team). I was talking to my Mama on the way to the pool last night and whining about the traffic and the location and time and parking and yada yada.... but my motivation when I got to the pool was worth all that I went through to get there.

As I made my way to the last (read "slowest") lane, I noticed this beauuuuuutiful man in the lane. As I eased my way into the cold water, I slowed down a bit as I watched how beautifully he swam. He stopped at the end of the lane to ask if I was getting in.  He told me to just take the plunge and I would warm up, but I tell ya, it was like music was playing when he spoke to me. Oh MY! So, I eased in, talked to the lane mates about where they were in the workout and got going. I found myself trying to get my hips and feet higher in the water as I swam past him. When we started doing sprints, I found myself swimming faster, as I didn't want him to think that I am a slacker. While my lane mates were waiting for the rest of us to finish the swim set, I found myself trying to make sure my hand entry into the water was perfect and my body rotation was just right. MAN! The motivation!! I swam faster and more efficiently than I probably ever have... or at least I thought I was. As he climbed out of the pool, I found myself just admiring the view and dreaming of our next swim together.

Delusional? Maybe. But I will take my swim motivation any way I can get it these days! I cannot WAIT until Thursday's swim practice. I know he won't be there, as I overheard him saying that he only swims on Tuesdays and Saturdays. However,  I need to work on my form a bit more on Thursday, so I can swim more beautifully when I see him again on Tuesday! The motivation man... the MOTIVATION!

...and for the icing on the cake with a cherry on top? He was wearing a Triathlon swim cap. Could the beautiful man be a Triathlete too? Oh my.... the MOTIVATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment